Monday 5 January 2015

Madness Monday - it's sorting time

Madness Monday - it's sorting time. My good intentions of a Genealogy Do-Over are fading fast. Somehow I have thought - yes, I'll do that tomorrow - you know how that is? Well, today is the deadline - no more procrastination.

My first Do-Over is to organise Evernote. I love Evernote. I am a Premium user of Evernote and love every part of it - BUT - I have been very lazy recently and sent clips to my Inbox - to deal with later on - and later on.

So today is sorting time as I said. This is what I will be doing today:

  1. Reviewing my notebooks - do I have too many?
  2. Reviewing my tags - are they the right tags?
  3. Merging notes if necessary??
  4. Sorting the notes - yes please - even though Evernote has spectacular searching I want it to be more accurate.
  5. Deleting unnecessary notes.
  6. Reading the To Read Notebook - yes I have a To Read Notebook - this is for those interesting things I find and want to read later - well I will review this.
  7. Enjoy a cup of tea and relax - praising myself for a job well done. Well, maybe a few cups of tea!
This is a screenshot of my Evernote - note the note showing from MakeUseOf which says - How to Keep Your Digital Life Organised in the New Year - well here goes - stay tuned and wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Helen,
    I have just discovered your blog, thanks to a listing on Jana Last's blog, Jana's Genealogy. I too need to rethink and reorganize my Evernote notebooks and notes. I love the program and use it daily, but I think it needs some attention. My "Go Back to These Items" notebook has over 50 items in it. Time to take action. Thanks for the reminder. If you get a chance please visit my blog at www.michiganfamilytrails.com
    Thanks,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete