Monday 30 March 2015

Fearless Females - March 30 - roses

As I posted yesterday, I have been off-the-air for a couple of weeks but hope to back blogging now. I find that I have missed writing and welcome the opportunity to catch up.

The blogging prompt for March 30 is - words of wisdom. Did you receive any advice or words of wisdom from your mother or another female ancestor?
Mum loved pink roses

Well, I must have received many words of wisdom from my female ancestors but unfortunately none sticks in my mind just now. Having just lost my mother on St Patrick's day the words of wisdom that are in my mind come not from my grandmother but my grandfather, George Douglas McCann. Doug, as he was known to all, often said, "the roses on the grave are too late" - meaning tell people how you feel about them while they are alive. It is pertinent to remind ourselves to take the time in our ever more busy lives, to take time and spend it with those we love.

So I come to the end of the Fearless Females blogging challenge for March - many thanks to Lisa Alzo for the challenge and the prompts - hope you do it agin next year Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment