Monday 20 April 2015

Q is for Quest (#AtoZChallenge)

Q is for Quest (#AtoZChallenge)



Quest: a long or arduous search for something (noun, thefreedictionary.com). Does that sound like genealogy and family history? It certainly does for me. The quest to find one elusive ancestor, one more bit of proof that I need to confirm that Mary is indeed my 6th great grandmother, the burial place of my WWI cousin, the occupation of my paternal grandfather, what was happening in history when my great-great-grandfather left Ireland.

I think one of the reasons I love family history is that as a child I loved puzzles, loved solving mysteries, a trait that continues to this day. Give me a psychological thriller and I am lost for hours. I especially love those that aren't solved until the last few pages. No wonder I love family history The quest to find answers to the family history puzzles are so rewarding when I find an answer and so frustrating when I do not.

Onward with the quest ... it is certainly a never-ending journey.



This post is part of the 2015 Blogging from A to Z Challenge. My theme is Names: First Names from My Family File. Stay tuned for the rest of the alphabet, and if you'd like to check out the other A to Z participants, simply click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment