Tuesday 26 May 2015

A small world

Yesterday at the Genealogical Society of Queensland (GSQ) we had the pleasure of hosting a visit from the Caloundra Family History Society. Such an interesting group of people. They came down by coach, and I hope enjoyed the day. 

In the afternoon I was helping one of the members with a research question, trying to find a birth notice for one of her relatives. We tried a few things without success when she happened to mention the name O'Loughlin from Mackay. Well my ears pricked up as my ex-husband is an O'Loughlin from Mackay and we soon realised that her great-aunt, Ada Eily Isobel Baker, was my ex-husband's grandmother. Small world indeed. 


I love the connections that you find in family history don't you? It suddenly makes a bond, and you realise that there is only a small degree of separation between us all.

1 comment: