Monday 25 April 2016

U is for the Unforgotten and the Unknown #AtoZChallenge2016


Today's theme is U for the Unforgotten and the Unknown, the family members that by researching and finding them means that they are not forgotten. 

My theme for the 2016 Challenge is the newly-discovered Walker family and their connections. This family was unknown to me until a few months ago as I have previously posted and the 2016 Challenge has given me the opportunity to discover more about them. 

Staying on the Walker family, I have been unable to find any service records for WWI and have found six records of service in WWII, these are listed below:

Edward Powell Poulson
William James Harvison
William Alexander Higham
Rupert John Higham
Patrick John Jackson
Herbert Claude Ellems

So on this Anzac Day 2016, I have six new family members to remember along with all my other ancestors who fought in wars. Lest We Forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment